Home

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Teacher Bucket List

This is my first Tell all Tuesday hosted by My Day in K and Teach Talk Inspire. The topic is Teacher Bucket Lists! Summer is a great time to reflect over teaching goals and dreams. I look forward to reading what everyone else has to share!





This last month I crossed off one of my biggest career goals - getting my master's! Woohoo! I finished with a degree in curriculum and instruction and a literacy focus. Honestly, I'm still reveling in the feeling of accomplishment.

Here's what's next...


Boost my Technology Skills

It's amazing what you can do with technology nowadays. Education has changed dramatically! It's a goal of mine to constantly be finding new ways to integrate technology into the classroom to enhance learning. (Gotta stay one step ahead of those Kinders!)

Blogging falls into this category. I began blogging to share ideas and encouragement with other teachers. I have personally found blogs to be one of the best forms of "professional development", if you will. I have gleaned so much from stellar teachers across the country through their personal blogs. I'd like to give back in some way by sharing what I've learned on my teaching journey. At this point, I'm a novice (a "bless her heart for trying" novice). When I blog hop and see all of the beautiful headers, relevant posts, cutesy freebies... I feel like a kindergartener in calculus. "How did they...?" Gotta start somewhere! Right? Eventually, I'd like to start creating resourced for other teachers through TpT. I have so many ideas...just waiting for my techy skills to get up to speed through attending workshops and classes.

Become a Children's Author

It's always been a dream of mine to write and illustrate children's books. My dream retirement job is not some beach condo... but reading my books and doing related activities at libraries and classrooms across the country. Read-aloud time is my favorite part of our kindergarten day! My goal is to created fun, vibrant books that reinforce academic concepts. I want to create books that kids and teachers fall in love with!

Be a life-long learner! 

There are so many things I want learn about to become a more effective teacher: sensory processing, vision therapy, social skill development... my bucket list of learning is limitless!

Thanks for reading my Teaching Bucket List.

Head on over to My Day in K or Teach Talk Inspire to see what other teachers are saying and to link up with your own teaching bucket list!

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, congrats on getting your master's that is a great accomplishment. I admire that you want to be an author. When I was little I was always writing books that I thought I could publish one day. Thank you for taking the time to link up with us and sharing your bucket list. I wish you all the luck as you work towards your goals.

    ReplyDelete